I’m approaching another birthday in a few weeks, and it has inspired me to round up a list of things I wish I’d known 10 years ago. Advice, learnings, mistakes, and things you just have to experience in order to grow.
10. Most people aren’t worried about what you’re saying when you are presenting in a group. They are thinking about what they are going to say when it’s their turn.
9. Your status in high school will mean nothing later in life.
8. It’s ok to not know what you want to be when you grow up, and don’t let anyone make you feel inferior for not knowing.
7. You will re-define yourself over and over again. It’s a sign of growth to your best self, not failure.
6. That said, you will fail. And you will survive it. AND come out better on the other side.
5. Comparing yourself will take you off your true path and leave you stuck and empty. It’s an absolute waste of time and talent.
4. Forgive. Not for the person who did you wrong, but for you. Life is SO much easier when you allow grace for others and yourself.
3. Trust your gut and don’t question it. Going against it will only get you in trouble.
2. You’ll wish you didn’t worry about what people thought as much as you did. Being comfortable with who you are is so critical to your happiness.
1. It is never too late to start – just don’t put something off for too long because of fear.
I’d love to know – what piece of advice do you wish you knew 10 years ago? Share with me in the comments!